Hexapod conference funded by deFlorez humor fund! Been doing a lot of work refining the vision of the conference/convention and how to make it humorous and yet useful to attend at the same time.
It will be like academic conference - hexapod dance off - giant hexapods - poster session and the humor will come out of the contrast.
- servo arm drawbot for starttroll project / graduation cap
Delta robot face drawing:
The lifecycle goes like this:
- Pick a picture from the Android photo album
- Run a Canny edge-finder on it to get to a black bitmap with white lines on the edges of the original picture. I used a splendid implementation by Tom Gibara- Run a vectoriser on that, to generate vectors along those lines. I couldn't find one I liked, so I write one, which was easier that I expected.
- Simplify the vectors - discard very short vectors, and replace straightish bits with straight lines. The Arduino can only store 300 points, so we have a strong incentive to optimise the vectors to within an inch of their lives.
- Package the vectors up and send them over Bluetooth to the Arduino
- Wait for the drawing !
For speed, I'm working with very low-resolution bitmaps - 128 pixels square by default.http://hackaday.com/2012/01/13/pythagoras-a-delta-robot-for-drawing/
vectorizing linked to in Sketchy\src\com\jarkman\sketchy\Vectoriser.java
Actual vectoriser code used in sketchy is in VectorWalker.java. TODO: read over and understand this code.
canny edge detection implementation in processing
- scooter: CAD and order parts. have: shady chinese ebay controller, melon motor, brakes. need: battery pack, trigger, front lights
- POV yoyo:
- 3d print prototype, etch out circuitboard and populate, begin programming anew
- CAD and masterCAM the injection-molded yoyo files
- spec out parts list cost for 50
- EL wire choreography arts proposal: only missing a budget
- MITERS door open trigger: awaiting parts from atw
- post MITERS flyers in pappalardo!
- go to blick's in central, 9am to 8pm - earring materials
- acrylic bracelets
- perhaps visit pika for dinner
give it an new body, make it dance, ...
hexarideablepod is on permanent hiatus (how to dispose of it? I need to fix it up a bit before disposing of it, I feel)
document hall sensor with circuit picture
intro to arduino pdf (where to find resources)